Ed's Place (Ambrosia Mentality)

This is an easy place to view and comment on some of my work. All comments are welcome, Please let me know what you think. Intelligence is a must here, if no where else. If you wish to comment, yet do not want the world to see it, you can contact me at: edcat01@juno.com

Name:
Location: Choctaw, Oklahoma, United States

I’m just a very lucky, dirty old man with a wonderful wife. I have opinions on most everything, but will not force them on anyone other than family and friends. They have to suffer with me as no one else.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Black and White - In Memory

This is a world filled with black and white. Yes, there are other colors and shades, but the most important are black and white.

Around the middle of December every year, I have several days which are black and white. These days are the celebrations of three people who mean and meant a lot to me. They say things come in threes, and it is very true for me in this case.

On the 16 December 2000, my first granddaughter, Sarah, was born. The following day a man died. Jack Williams was his name and he meant more to me than words can convey. Then, on 19 December 2001 a woman died. She wasn’t well known or rich, but she meant a lot to me. Her name was Thelma.

I spend these special days in black and white, remembering the past and looking forward to the future. My feelings are mixed with joy and sadness. The joy of the people I love and the sadness of those who have past out of it. That is the black and white.

Without an opposite, we can’t know the value of something. All too often we can’t see it until it is gone. Take this time to think about who you love, and hold dear. Let them know it before it is too late. A moment in time is short, fleeting, and can never be lived again. I’m not saying the moment is gone, for it will live forever in memory. But memory is just that and nothing more. Live and love in life, every moment of every day.

Can you see the black and white, the dark and light? The joy of life and sadness of lose.

A day without love is a day without light or warmth. A day lost in misery.
Those who have passed are never completely gone as long as we remember them.

Ed Williams
©

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home