Ed's Place (Ambrosia Mentality)

This is an easy place to view and comment on some of my work. All comments are welcome, Please let me know what you think. Intelligence is a must here, if no where else. If you wish to comment, yet do not want the world to see it, you can contact me at: edcat01@juno.com

Name:
Location: Choctaw, Oklahoma, United States

I’m just a very lucky, dirty old man with a wonderful wife. I have opinions on most everything, but will not force them on anyone other than family and friends. They have to suffer with me as no one else.

Friday, December 24, 2004

T’is the Season

For most of the world this is the time of Christmas. It is a time for celebration and giving. For peace and good will. Though the timing of the feast is based both on pagan and Jewish celebrations, the underlying message is profound.

The era of peace and selflessness will start with a single day. Let this day, the 25th of December 2004, be that day. May all mankind embrace the edict of giving of oneself toward world peace! Let hate be a word placed in antiquity and forgotten.

I can not give the world this gift, but we, as a people can! No matter your religious beliefs or nationality, let peace stand in the foreground of all things. Set aside all pettiness and self-centeredness. Let, if not love, tolerance stand between conflicts. Tolerance is not peace, but it can lead to it.

Start today by saying “I will not hate today, I will have tolerance for another’s differences” and mean it. One day is the first step to the next. String days together and soon they become a lifetime. Lifetimes become eras, and soon the pettiness is forgotten completely.

Let us all give the gift of tolerance to the world and peace will surely follow. Imagine a day when no one dies from violence.

War cannot be, if tolerance stands tall in the minds of all.


Disclaimer: I know this one is not up to par, but I wanted to at least get the thought out. I can only hope at least a few people will see the value and wisdom of peace and tolerance. We have men and woman dying daily for their beliefs. We have people killing because of their intolerance of another’s beliefs. Let the killing and dying stop. To everyone I wish a happy holiday, and a long and peaceful life.

Ed Williams
©

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home