Ed's Place (Ambrosia Mentality)

This is an easy place to view and comment on some of my work. All comments are welcome, Please let me know what you think. Intelligence is a must here, if no where else. If you wish to comment, yet do not want the world to see it, you can contact me at: edcat01@juno.com

Name:
Location: Choctaw, Oklahoma, United States

I’m just a very lucky, dirty old man with a wonderful wife. I have opinions on most everything, but will not force them on anyone other than family and friends. They have to suffer with me as no one else.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Communication

As humans, we have many ways to communicate our feelings, wishes, thoughts and emotions to one another. Almost all fit neatly into two basic categories, sight and sound.

By sight, I mean we can see the communication. These include body language (including sign language), the written word, and the arts. Sound is anything we can hear, such as speech, music or even noise.

Some communication crosses over to include both categories, such as television and movies. They use both sight and sound to convey their message. But others cross over in more subtle ways. The written word or a painting may bring the illusion of sound to mind. Just as music may fill the mind with sights and images.

Two of the lesser ways to communicate are tactile and smell. Tactile, or touch is used in some forms of art to convey a message where mere words or sounds could never completely describe. You also communicate when you touch someone, a gentle caress or a slap on the face. Either way, you know the meaning. Smell can tell a mountain of information in seconds when words could take hours. When I called these two lesser, I did not mean they had a diminished impact, but that they are not used as much.

The last form of communication is taste. Yes, we can communicate to one another by way of taste. If you have any doubt, consider a special meal prepared by a loved one. The taste of the food conveys a full range of communication.

If, by now, you have figured out that I have been talking about our five senses, you’re right. Each and every day we communicate with the people around us using our senses. And you thought they were only for your use. The next time you see, hear, feel, taste or smell something, remember someone is talking to you. The message may sit just under the surface, but it’s there. Look for it!

On that note, a couple web sites I’d like to share with you convey many messages that can help you search your mind.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=29136&T=1670

http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/

http://www.celticmp3s.com/


Okay, so it’s more than a couple, so sue me. Anyway, I hope you check them out and enjoy them. They can only deal with sight or sound on the web, but I think it’s worth it. At least it’s an escape from the world surrounding us, if only for a short time.

I also know this is one of my shorter essays and far less in detail. There is a reason for this. Some have commented in the past that I am very wordy and never write anything shorter than several pages long. Just don’t get use to it, I’m still wordy and have a lot to say.

Ed Williams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home