Ed's Place (Ambrosia Mentality)

This is an easy place to view and comment on some of my work. All comments are welcome, Please let me know what you think. Intelligence is a must here, if no where else. If you wish to comment, yet do not want the world to see it, you can contact me at: edcat01@juno.com

Name:
Location: Choctaw, Oklahoma, United States

I’m just a very lucky, dirty old man with a wonderful wife. I have opinions on most everything, but will not force them on anyone other than family and friends. They have to suffer with me as no one else.

Monday, May 01, 2006

MAY DAY

Today is the first day of May, May Day!  It is a day for celebration which goes back centuries.  It is also the birth date of a great man, Arthur Wellesley.  If you don’t know the name, he was also called the “Iron Duke”, “the man who beat Napoleon”, The Duke of Wellington and many more.  

He was a warrior, liberator, and statesman, a beloved and despised man.  He was a patriot, villain, aristocrat, commoner, in short, he was a man.

I salute Arthur Wellesley and all who fight to protect the nation they love, or to free people from the domination of others.  I chastise any who want something for nothing, take more for themselves than is deserved and belittle those who give their all for freedom.  

Ed Williams
©

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home